- Participating as a member of the local Management Team, including the development of strategic and tactical policies, and plans and their delivery.
- Maintaining high standards of Health, Safety and Environment for the employees and facilities under the post-holder’s responsibility.
- Member of the Group Purchasing Council to maintain and develop Purchasing Strategy for the Group and its delivery, ensuring best value from both external providers and our own internal resources.
- Delivering planned performance levels in accordance with Purchasing KPIs.
- To contribute to our cost competitiveness delivering significant benefits through risk management and the provision of goods and services.
- Clear communication and implementation of agreed tactical and strategic plans within Purchasing
- Management of Purchasing Team including the continual development of individual and team capabilities and flexibility, through focussed PDPs, training plans, job rotation as appropriate.
- Championing a culture of strong feedback, communication and co-operation.
- Ensuring learning and knowledge transfer and consistency between; i) Purchasing teams, ii) Warehousing, iii) Other Functions.
- Close liaison and communication with supply base and customers (internal and external). Lead negotiation activities to drive and realise continuous performance improvement.
- Alignment of supplier agreements with business performance and cost objectives
- Support & Deliver Cost Reduction initiatives
- Drive Supplier Quality improvements with focus suppliers
- Quality assurance, vendor compliance, Supply chain compliance.
- Spend analytics.
- Engineering procurement review – Ability to understand Technical & Functional significance of the materials procured
- Understanding of contractual terms, Service Levels, Operating Level agreements etc.
- Financial costing and business cases relevant for outsourcing projects.
|Job Category||ASST. MANAGER|
|Reporting to||OPERATIONS MANAGER|
|Educational Qualification:||Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Additional certificate / PG Diploma in Materials Management preferred|
|Experience||• 3 to 5 years’ experience as Team lead preferred|
|Skill Requirements||Supplier Assessment & Auditing , Budgetary responsibility (Travel ), Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Company’s Code of Ethics , o Communication; Cross functional & Global Teamwork|